Thursday, December 11, 2008

Why Don't You Tell Us What You Really Think?

The holiday cards are almost ready to go out! You will recognize the elk/deer from the Gocco post. The snowflakes on the front were done with metallic ink and a stamp. Everything was taped together in true crafting fashion. Now I just have to decide if we are including pictures, address them, and off they will go into a friend or family member's trash can. Check out the cover below.

Front (gold metallic ink is difficult to photograph)

Inside

Close up of the Inside Detail- Super Fun Foam Stickers!


So now for the truth. Despite how jolly my Christmas cards appear, I pretty much hate Christmas. December is the worst. For fun, I decided to make some holiday cards that expressed how I really feel. Please note that these are not amazing works of art, or even amazing works of craft. These are simply concepts. Concepts about how I hate Christmas.

A small warning. Some of the cards pictured below contain questionable subject matter, blasphemy, adult language, but unfortunately no nudity. Enjoy!

Front: Lovely Mistletoe

Inside: So True!

Front: A Nice Card?

Inside: Think Again

Front

Inside: Says it all

Front

Inside

Front

Inside

Front

Inside

Front

Inside

A Card so Good it only needs a Front

Front
Inside

Hope you are enjoying the holiday season! Or not, I don't really care.



8 comments:

Nico said...

these cards just made the month worthwhile. you rock Jess!

Workshop Cooker said...

Oh man, what if you combined a few of those ideas. Like it was snowing blood while getting chased by that scary deer. Or if that scary Santa with red devil baby said that he would see you at work? OH CRAP!! What kind of job would you have to have if Santa was bringing a red demon child with him. Wait what if it is the demon baby that is going to see you at work? WTF indeed.

Molly said...

I think the whatever snowflake was my favorite. Subtle.

Also, I think you should limit Casey's alcohol/computer "fun time".

Sergio said...

AMAZING!! Jessica! these are the best Christmas cards ever!!!! I love them!!! You are good!!!

Sergio

Workshop Cooker said...

I think Molly should shut her damn yapper and stay out of my affairs.

Kelly Rashka said...

F'in hilareous. Finally some cards with some honest spirit. Genius Jessica.

Hellen H. said...

YOU'RE SO GODDAMN AWESOME! JESS! THESE ARE INCREDIBLE! I LOVE YOU! YOU'RE A GENIUS!

Victoria said...

Jessica Bates.

Please tell me I'm getting one of these in the mail. I love you.