Friday, October 31, 2008

More Halloween

My lazy person Halloween craft this year was a painted pumpkin. All it took was: one mini pumpkin, one small paintbrush, black craft paint and a Sharpie. 

Simply outline the stripes on the pumpkin using the marker. If the pumpkin is small you can do this by hand. It is easiest to just follow the natural grooves. If you are painting a larger pumpkin, I would recommend breaking out the painter's tape.

Next, full in the lines with black paint. This may take a few coats. Any mistakes can easily be scrapped off with a fingernail. If your lines are messy you touch them up using the marker.


TADA!


The above picture has nothing to do with crafts, but I thought our costumes were neat so I thought I would share. Dare I say Christmas card?!

p.s. 

We are fancy show horses-  just in case you couldn't tell.


3 comments:

Nico said...

cute pun'kin!

And OMG You guys as the horses is one of the best photos ever. Holy crap that's like something I'd expect to see in some crazy ass art gallery. I want to frame it!!

Hellen H. said...

Pumpkin so cute and costumes TOO TOO GOOD! That's totally awesome all the way cool.

Workshop Cooker said...

Damn thats one sexy horse.